The 64-bit ARM TV boxes are coming either with Rockchip Rk3368, Amlogic S905, or Allwinner A64, but so far I could not find much price information. The good news is that the first 64-bit ARM mini PCs will be cheap, as Beelink i68, powered by Rockchip RK3368 octa-core Cortex A53 processor, is listed for as low as $66.35 with 1GB RAM on Gearbest, but you can also select the 2GB RAM version for $81.68. Using coupon BI68 will reduce the price further by one or two dollars.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3368 octa core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.5 GHz with PowerVR G6110 GPU
- System Memory – 1 or 2 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + SD card slot up to 64GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60Hz
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – Power button, IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 12.0 x 12.0 x 2.4 cm
The box will ship with a US power supply and a EU adapter, an HDMI cable, a remote control, a USB OTG adapter, and an English user’s manual. Like other pre-announced RK3368 boxes, it runs Android 5.1, with Kodi pre-installed supporting H.265 hardware decoding up to 2160p @ 60Hz.
It looks like the product is basically ready to ship (i.e. not a pre-sale), but somehow GearBest mostly uses 3D renders in their product page, except when showing the full package with accessories.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|