If you were expecting a new processor for MeegoPad T03, you’ll be disappointed that hardware-wise the third MeegoPad hardware specifications are basically the same as MeegoPad T01 and T02, but the new version of the stick should not get as hot as the first two versions, and runs a dual boot image with Windows 8.1 and Android 4.4, that can be upgraded to Windows 10, contrary to some other dual boot Bay Trail devices.
- SoC – Intel Atom Z3735F “Bay Trail” quad core processor @ 1.33 GHz – 1.83 GHz with Intel HD graphics Gen 7
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3L
- Storage – 32 GB eMMC + micro SD slot up to 64GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 2x micro USB port (one OTG, one for power only)
- Misc – Power button
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB port.
- Dimensions – 110 x 39 x 10 mm
- Weight – 50 grams
That new stick lacks the audio jack found in MeegoPad T02, and only comes with one full-sized USB ports, so an OTG adapter or USB hub is required to connect more than one device.The stick ships with a power supply, and a USB cable.
The Windows 8.1 license is unclear. The product page on Aliexpress claims Windows 8.1 is activated, but one screenshot shows “Windows 8.1 Pro” and “Windows is not activated”. Details about the better thermal design are not shown, with the company only claiming a “redesigned temperature control featuring patent technology in heat conducting coating”. At least, the pictures give a clue showing ventilation holes right on top of the processor.
MeegoPad T03 can be purchased for $94.99 on “MeegoPad Official AilExpress Flagship Store”. That shop also provides a link to x86pad.com for support forums. The stick is also listed on Amazon US for $169.99.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|