If you thought FireWRT router board had impressive features and but still wanted more, a new product is coming soon. WiTi is also a board powered by Mediatek MT7621A dual core processor @ 880MHz, but with 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, 2 Gigabit WAN ports, 802.11 b/g/n and 802.11ac WiFi with up to 4 external antennas, two SATA ports, as well as a USB 3.0 port.
- Processor – Mediatek MT7621A dual core (4 threads) MIPS 1004Kc processor @ 880Mhz
- System Memory – 256MB Memory (up to 512MB later)
- Storage – 16MB SPI NOR flash for firmware, 1x micro SD slot, and 2x SATA 3.0 ports supporting 3.5″ hard drives. There’s also an optional NAND flash (not included in any Indiegogo rewards)
- 2.4 GHz WiFi 802.11b/g/n up to 300Mbps
- 5 GHz WiFi 802.11a/n/ac up to 867Mbps
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet WAN ports
- 4x Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- 4x RF Antenna Connectors
- USB – 1 USB3.0 port
- Expansion – 30-pin header including USB, I2S, JTAG, UART, and GPIO signals
- Debugging – 4-pins serial debug port
- Misc – RTC battery, 1x WPS/GPIO key, 1x reset key, LEDs for power, SATA, WiFi (2x), and LAN (4x)
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Dimensions – 16 x 10 cm
The board runs OpenWRT. MQmaker is the company behind the project, and is headed by Benn Huang co-founder of CubieTech. The website is still work in progress with very few technical details, but the forum is working. WiTi board comes with a 12V/2A power adapter, two external antennas, two SATA cables (data + power), a USB to TTL board for debugging, and a acrylic enclosure.
The board can be had for $59 (early bird) or $69 via the Indiegogo campaign (flexible funding) with shipping being $20 for most of the world, except China, where it will be shipped for just $5. Delivery is scheduled for September 2015.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|