Pebble introduced Pebble Time smartwatch with an always-on color e-Paper display, voice recognition, and 7 days of battery life early this year, and the company has now unveiled a thinner version with a circular display, that’s still always-on, but unfortunately only lasts 2 days on a charge like most of other smartwatches on the market.
The Pebble Time Round shares the same “Timeline” user interface as the Pebble Time (Steel), and most of the hardware features:
- Display – Always-on, color e-paper display with LED backlight, 2.5D gorilla glass display
- Connectivity – Bluetooth
- Audio – Built-in microphone for voice reply
- Battery / Power
- Up to 2 days of battery life
- A 15 minutes charge gives you a day of use.
- Magnetic charging with cable working in any USB port
- Misc – 3x tactile buttons, vibrating motor for discreet alerts and alarms
- IP Rating – Splash resistant to IPX7 standard (Not waterproof however)
- Dimensions – 38.5mm x 38.5mm x 7.5mm, 14mm or 20mm leather band included, with stainless steel bands sold separately.
- Weight – 28g
While the Pebble Time includes a 6-axis gyroscope, I could not find any confirmation that the Pebble Time Round includes one, so it might or might not be included. The Pebble Time Round will ship with a 14 or 20mm leather strap, and a USB charging cable. The lower battery life is probably due to the design leading to the use of a smaller battery.
While Pebble Time watch was launched through Kickstarter, the company is taking pre-order directly on their website for $249.99, and North American customers will soon be able to order it from Best Buy, Target, and Amazon, with retail availability in the UK planned later this year, and in Europe in early 2016. More information may be found on Pebble Time Round product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.