VIa has just launched a new fanless IoT gateway targeting the enterprise market. Artigo A820 features Freescale i.MX 6DualLite Cortex A9 processor with dual Ethernet ports as well as DIO and serial ports, and optional wireless networking modules adding WiFi, 3G, and GPS connectivity.
- SoC – Freescale i.MX 6DualLite dual core ARM Cortex-A9 @ 1.0 GHz with Vivante GC880 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage – 4GB eMMC Flash + internal micro SD card
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet (Micrel KSZ9031RNX with RGMII support)
- 1x 10/100M Ethernet (using ASIX AX88772 USB 2.0 to 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet Controller),
- Optional VNT9271BU0DB IEEE 802.11 b/g/n USB Wi-Fi dongle
- Optional Ublox 3.75G HSPA/UMTS Mobile mini PCIe module with GPS and SIM card slot
- 2 Antenna holes for 3G or Wi-Fi
- Video Output – mini HDMI 1.4
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports
- Serial – 1x COM port for RS232/485; supports 8-wire DTE mode with isolation feature.
- Expansion I/O
- 1x miniPCIe slot
- 1x DIO port supporting 8 GPIOs (4 GPI+4 GPO)
- Misc – 1x Reset button, Power & Wi-Fi LEDs, 1x micro SD/SPI boot switch, 1x RS232/RS485 selector, watchdog timer
- Power Supply – 5V DC (Typical: 6.7W)
- Operating Temperature – 0°C to 50°C
- Dimensions – 150mm (W) x 30mm (H) x 125.5mm (D)
- Weight – 566 grams
The gateway runs Linux 3.0.35 and Ubuntu 11.10, and the company can provide the BSP and/or offer customization services. It ships with an AC-to-DC adapter, a COM cable,a US power cord, rubber feet, and a screw pack for miniPCIe card, and an optional 100×100 mm Vesa mount is also available.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.