Amazon has just launched AWS (Amazon Web Services) IoT (Beta), a cloud platform that lets connected devices securely interact with cloud applications and other IoT devices. As pasrt of the announcement, they also released AWS IoT SDK that comes in three flavors:
- Embedded C SDK for C-based platforms such as Linux, RTOS, with variants for OpenSSL and mbed TLS.
- Arduino Yún SDK.
Ten started kits are currently officially supported by AWT IoT, many of them being existing platforms such as LinkIt One, BeagleBone Green, Intel Edison, or TI LaunchPad CC3200, with several of these kits including SeeedStudio’s Grove modules.
One of the kits that’s completely new, at least to me, is Marvell EZ-Connect MW302 IoT Starter Kit which include a mini USB to USB cable, and Marvell 88MW302 development board with the following (preliminary) specifications:
- SoC – Marvell EZ-Connect MW302 ARM Cortex-M4 WiSoC with 512KB SRAM
- Storage – No info
- Connectivity – 2.4Ghz b/g/n Wi-Fi (built-in MW302 MCU
- USB – 1x micro USB OTG,
- Debugging – 1x mini USB for UART console and JTAG, 1x 10-pin JTAG connector
- Expansion headers – 2x 32-pin header with access to SPI, I2C, UART, I2S, PWM, ADC, DAC, as well as power signals and GND.
- Misc – Reset key, four buttons, various jumpers, two LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V DC via power jack
- Dimensions – N/A
Information about Marvell MW302 SoC is limited to the product page, and more details require an NDA. Documentation for the kit is slightly better, with the SDK soon to be released on Github, and a getting started guide explains how to use AWS IoT dash with the board to monitor key presses, blink LEDs, and trigger actions with AWS IoT to AWS Lambda feature, which appears similar to what TI Connected LaunchPad does with Exosite cloud platform.
MW302 IoT Starter Kit is listed on Amazon for $49.90, but currently out of stock.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|