With its N3150DC-ITX motherboard, ASRock had already released a mini-ITX motherboard based on Intel Celeron N3150 “Braswell” quad core processor, but the company has now launched a thin mini-ITX version, which limits the maximum height to 2.5cm and is often used in All-in-One PCs, with ASRock N3150TM-ITX motherboard.
ASRock N3150TM-ITX board specifications:
- SoC – Intel Celeron N3150 quad core processor @ up to 2.08 GHz with Intel HD Graphics Gen8 @ up to 640 MHz – 6W TDP
- System Memory – 2x DDR3/DDR3L SO-DIMM slots for up to 16GB RAM
- Storage – 2x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
- Audio Codec – Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec, 7.1 CH HD Audio
- Expansion – 1x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slot, 1x half size Mini PCI Express slot (Bluetooth function in WiFi module not supported)
- Rear panel ports
- Video Output
- 1x HDMI port up to 2560×1600 @ 60Hz
- 1x D-Sub (VGA) up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
- USB – 4 x USB 3.0 Ports
- Audio – HD audio jacks: Microphone / Front Speaker (Supports SPDIF Optical)
- Connectivity – 1x Gigabit Ethernet (Realtek 8111GR)
- DC jack
- Video Output
- Internal Connectors
- USB – 3 x USB 2.0 headers (Supports 5x USB 2.0 ports) ; 1x USB 3.0 header (Supports 2x USB 3.0 ports)
- 1x LVDS up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
- 1x COM Port header
- 1x Power LED header
- 1x TPM header
- 1x CPU Fan connector (4-pin)
- 1x Chassis Fan connector (4-pin)
- 1x SATA power connectors
- 1x Internal power header
- 1x Front Panel Audio connector
- 1x Analog Surround Audio connector
- Misc – Hardware monitor for temperature , fan RPM, and voltages
- Power Supply – 19V DC input
- Dimensions – Mini-ITX form factor
So overall the configuration is quite similar to N3150DC-ITX, except two SATA ports have been removed, VGA has replaced DVI output, and LVDS replaced DisplayPort. The motherboard can certainly be used in fanless configuration, but in case you need a fan, the 4-pin headers (vs 3-pin headers in N3150DC-ITX) should allow to adjust the speed of the fan depending on the temperature.
The motherboard will ship with two I/O Panel Shields, a WiFi Module Screw, a Quick Installation Guide, and a support CD. It may also optionally come with two SATA data cables and one SATA 1 to 2 power cable. The company only lists Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 7 64-bit (with modified installation disk) operating systems, but Linux distributions should also work, just as they do on Intel Braswell NUCs.
I could not find pricing nor availability information, but you can check a few more pictures on ASRock N3150TM-ITX product page, and more all the technical details you may want to read the user’s manual.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|