If the trend continues, they’ll soon just giveaway TV boxes. After writing about Beelink X2 TV box selling for $31.99 shipped yesterday, I learned that Inphic is organizing a promotion for the launch of their cute Inphic SPOT i5 media player based on Amlogic S805 processor. While the regular price is $26 plus shipping, they’ll offer the first 100 samples for just $13 plus shipping starting at midnight on October 27 (GMT-8), which amounts to $24.22 to my location, and about $25.15 to the US.
Inphic i5 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S805 quad core ARM Cortex A5 @ 1.5GHz with Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 GB NAND flash + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.b up to 1080p60 with CEC support
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (Realtek)
- USB – 1x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – IR receiver, power button and LED
- Power Supply – 5V/1.5A
- Dimensions – 118x118x43 mm (TBC)
- Weight – 158 grams (TBC)
The TV box runs Android 4.4.2, and ships with an IR remote control, a power adapter, an HDMI cable, a USB OTG adapter cable, a user’s manual, and an “original card” with a serial number.
If you like the form factor, but would prefer a box supporting 4K, the company also provides Inphic P8 with Allwinner H3 processor and 512MB RAM, with a listed price of 249 RMB ($39) on the company website, but it can actually be purchased on Taobao for 99 RMB ($15.6). That link sells it under “Inphic i5” model name, and the box runs Yun OS so they must have different versions for overseas and Chinese markets.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.