Measy U2C, aka B12, will be the prize for day 3 of Giveaway week. It’s an HDMI & AV TV dongle powered by Rockchip RK3066 SoC with 1GB RAM, 8GB flash that happens to feature a 2MP camera for video conferencing as well. It’s running Android 4.1.x Jelly Bean.
When I reviewed Measy U2C at the beginning of last year, I had some issues with USB mouse and keyboard support, the firmware could have been more stable, and the Antutu scores seem a bit on the low side, but Wi-Fi and video playback were both very good. It has received one or two firmware update since then, which may have fixed some of the bugs. The last firmware update must have been in April or May 2013, so it has not been a device greatly supported.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment below.
Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10am (Bangkok time) every day. Comments will be closed after 48 hours.
- Winners will be selected with random.org
- I’ll contact the winners by email or Facebook, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another one.
- Free for winners with a shipping address in Thailand
- Flat fee of $10 for the rest of the world payable via Paypal within 48 hours once the contest is complete, or I’ll pick another winner.
- I’ll post all 8 prizes at the same time, so around the 25th of June, using Airmail (Small Packet) with tracking.
- I’ll make sure we have 8 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this week giveaway, I’ll draw another person.
Although I don’t exactly recommend anybody to buy this device, because faster devices with Android 4.2 or 4.4 are available for just a few more dollars are available today, but if you want one anyway, you could purchase it for $60+ on Aliexpress. There’s also a $12 dock, which may be convenient if you plan to use the webcam.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|