MINIX has posted several graphics on their Facebook page about a new NEO U1 media hub in the last few days. The company will launch the new model which include 2GB RAM, and 802.11ac WiFi next Friday (December 4, 2015) for $129.90 on their Amazon store, and other official resellers.
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC 5.0 flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDMI CEC support
- Audio – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, and 3.5mm headphone and microphone jacks
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi (2×2 MIMO) and Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – Power button, IR receiver, Kensington lock ready
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
The device will run Android 5.1 as on other Amlogic S905 TV boxes, but likely with the usual MINIX user interface. It’ one of the Amlogic S905 TV box with the highest specifications on the market, and similar to Ugoos AM1, but with Bluetooth 4.1 support, an extra USB OTG port, and a Kensington lock.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.