Zidoo has also joined the fray of companies releasing Amlogic S905 based TV boxes, and they’ve decided to go low end with 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage, Fast Ethernet, and 2.4 GHz WiFi.
Zidoo X5 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60Hz with CEC support, and 3.5 mm AV jack
- Audio – HDMI, AV, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Fast Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A (plastic case)
Zidoo X5 has not been officially released yet, and pricing has not been disclosed, but the company is taking orders from distributors and resellers for quantities as well as 20 pieces.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.