Android TV sticks started to become popular in 2012 thanks to Rikomagic MK802 that was based on Allwinner A10 Cortex A8 processor. Now these devices would be considered slow and outdated, but they may still be useful for some simple applications, and I’ve just seen GeekBuying is selling A22 TV Stick, that’s basically the same as MK802 for $9.99 with free shipping, likely to get rid of stock.
- SoC – Allwinner A10 Cortex A8 processor @ 1.0 GHz with ARM Mali-400 GPU
- System Memory – 512 MB RAM
- Storage – 4GB flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI female
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11b/g/n (Ralink8188)
- USB – 1x mini USB 2.0 OTG port, 1x USB 2.0 Host port
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 8.8 x 3.5 x 1.2cm
It’s still running Android 4.0, but since it’s based on Allwinner A10 you could easily hack it to run Linux distributions.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|