Bluboo Xwatch is a smartwatch based on Mediatek MT2601 SoC that runs Android Wear. So far, we only knew the factory price would be around $80, but the watch has now showed up on several website such as GearBest and GeekBuying and is pre-selling for as low as $99.99 according to Bluboo, which would likely make it the cheapest Android Wear watch on the market today.
- SoC – Mediatek MT2601 dual core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.2GHz with ARM Mali-400 MP GPU
- System Memory – 512MB RAM
- Storage – 4GB flash
- Display – 1.3″ round muti-touch display with 360×360 resolution
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Sensors – Gyroscope, barometer, heart rate monitor, altimeter, compass
- Battery – 400 to 480mAh polymer battery (80 hours standby time)
- Dimensions – 5.4 x 4.5 x 1.3 cm (Geekbuying thickness, Bluboo still claims 9.8 mm thickness)
- Weight – 60 grams
- IP Rating – IP67
The specifications differ from sites to sites, especially when it comes to sensors, but at least the HRM should be there. While GeekBuying does not list GPS as a feature at all, GearBest confirmed to their customers Xwatch does have GPS in the FAQ. Battery life at 80 hours on standby will probably means 1 or 2 days on a charge for typical use, which is pretty poor, but usual for Android Wear smart watches.
The company also provided some pictures with the actual sample, and expect to launch the watch in February 2016.
Exact pricing is sort of mystery, while the company claims a $99.99 retail price, GearBest used to show a $99.00 price tag with free shipping, but is now only showing an arrival notice without price, while GeekBuying has listed the watch for $129.99 including shipping, and delivery scheduled for January 15, 2016. That date is clearly wrong, as even Bluboo don’t expect to launch the device before February.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|