Calao Systems has added a new member to the their rugged embedded computers family with Cyclone F100 powered by Nvidia Tegra K1 quad core Cortex A15 processor with up to 8GB RAM, optional industrial grade SATA Nandrive, and mSATA, dual Gigabit Ethernet, and mPCIe connectivity options for IoT and M2M with LoRA, WiFi, RF radios, etc… Target applications include surveillance, identification, transport, robotic, graphic enhanced digital signage, and medical equipment.
Cyclone F100 specifications:
- SoC – Nvidia Tegra K1 quad-core ARM Cortex A15 processor @ 2.3 GHz with 192-core Kepler GPU supporting OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.1 and CUDA/GPGPU
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3L (Options for 4 and 8GB on request)
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC, 8 MB SPI flash and micro SD card slot. Optional: Industrial grade SATA Nandrive, mSATA socket
- Video Output – HDMI, options: LVDS and DisplayPort
- Audio I/O – HDMI, optical S/PDIF out, Mic In / Headphone Out
- Wired – 2x Gigabit Ethernet or 10/100M
- Wireless – Optional via 2x mini PCIe slots: LoRa. W-Mbus, Bluetooth LE, WiFi, GPS, ISM868, ISN433, RFID, Zigbee, EnOcean, Zwave, Mesh… with up to 6 female SMA antenna connectors.
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB OTG port
- Serial – 1x RS232 serial port, options: up to 3 serial ports (RS232 or RS485), 1 CAN bus
- Sensors – 3-axis accelerometer, temperature, humidity and pressure sensors.
- Internal Connectors – Expansion header with LVDS, USB 3.0, I2C, etc…; 2x CSI ports, 1x JTAG port
- Misc – TPM, RTC with Lithium battery
- Power Supply – Dual power supply mode with 9 to 36V main power, and 9 to 36V on auxiliary power using a PowerPath controller
- Dimensions – 215 x 125 x 75 mm
- IP Rating – IP51 (indoor); option: IP66 (outdoor)
- Temperature Range – -25 ℃ ~ +85 ℃
- Certifications – EMC and EMI, Safety: CE, UL
The company did not provide any information about software support, but it’s likely both Linux distributions and Android will be supported. “On request” usually means the company can design it for you, so 8GB RAM is probably not available right now, and you’d likely have to commit to a minimal order or pay NRE, in order to get it done.
CYCLONE F100 is manufactured by Eolane, and appears to be available now at an undisclosed price. A few more details may be found on Calao Systems Cyclone F100 product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.