We’ve already seen Rockchip RK3229 quad core processor with 4K 10-bit H.264 and H.265, and 4K VP9 support announced at CES 2016. Sunchip CX-R9 will be one of the first devices on the market with the new processor, and includes 1GB RAM and 8GB storage.
Sunchip CX-R9 specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz with ARM Mali-400MP2
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC + SD card reader
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60 fps
- Audio Output – HDMI, and optical S/PDIF
- Video Codec – 4K2K 10-bit H.265 @ 60 fps (Up to 200 Mbps), 4K 10-bit H.264 @ 30 fps (Up to 250 Mbps) and 4K 8-bit VP9 @ 30 fps (Up to 200 Mbps)
- Connectivity – 100Mbps Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, including on OTG port (Based on CX-R8 design)
- Power Supply – TBC
- Dimensions – 134 x 117 x 18.5 mm
Sunchip CX-R9 should become available in February, and it currently sells for $32 for 1k orders.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.