PIPO has a line of products that few others companies have. They are not really simple mini PCs, not really tablets, and not exactly panel computers, but some mixture of all three. They started their mini PCs with tablet display with PIPO P8 model featuring a Bay Trail processor, and they now have an upgraded version called PIPO X9S that features an Intel Atom x5-Z8300 processor with 4GB memory, 64GB eMMC flash, and a 8.9″ display, and is itself upgrade over PIPO X9 featuring less memory and storage, and an Atom Z3736F processor.
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8300 “Cherry Trail” quad core processor @ 1.44 GHz/1.84 GHz with Intel Gen8 HD graphics
- System Memory – 4 GB DDR3
- Storage – 64 GB flash, and micro SD slot up to 64GB
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a
- Audio Output – HDMI, 3.5mm audio jack, and stereo speakers
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet ports, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports (N.B.: the micro USB port found on PIPO X9 has been removed).
- Misc – Power and volume buttons, and reset pinhole.
- Power Supply – 12V/2.4A
- Dimensions – 165x133x53mm
- Weight – 500 grams
The device runs Windows 10, and I assume that version is activated since Windows is free for device with a display smaller than 9″, which could be why PIPO is making this kind of device. It ships with a power adapter and a user’s manual.
PIPO X9S is currently up for pre-order on GeekBuying for $199.99, but you can lower the price by $15 with 15ESPIPOX9S coupon, bringing it to $184.50. If you like the processor, memory and storage options, but could care less about the display, PIPO X6S might be a better option for the same price (before coupon), as it adds one USB 3.0 port, an internal SATA bay, faster WiFi, and one extra Ethernet port. I’d also not rush pre-ordering PIPO X9S as it’s scheduled to ship on March 15, 2016.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|