GPD and JXD are two companies specializing in portable game consoles, and in recent years, they seem to have focused on ARM based platforms running Android, but GPD has consulted with Dingoonity community (registration required to access pictures) for an upcoming Windows 10 hand-held console powered by Intel Atom x5-Z8500 processor.
The company has also released preliminary specifications:
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8500 / Z8550 quad-core Cherry Trail processor
- System Memory – 4GB RAM
- Storage – 64GB eMMC flash (It could change to 32 or 128GB however) + micro SD slot up to 128GB
- Display – 5.5″ capacitive touch screen; 1280×720 resolution; Corning Gorilla Glass 3; In-Cell technology.
- Video Output- micro HDMI
- Audio Output – micro HDMI + 3.5mm headset jack
- Connectivity – WiFi and Bluetooth
- USB – 1x USB Type-C port, 1x USB 3.0 host
- Battery – 6000 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, good for 6 to 8 hours of online games.
The operating system will be Windows 10 Home, which I suppose is free of charge because the display is smaller than 9″, but the company is also looking into the possibility of providing a dual boot Windows/Android version. If you are interested in such device, but would like some changes, you can still try to influence the company’s decisions on Dingoonity forums.
Thanks to Rafael for the tip!
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|