ARBOR technology has introduced Gladius GT-500 “5” Rugged Android Handheld Device” running Android 5.1 on MediaTek MT6735 quad core processor, with LTE connectivity, IP67 rated, and featuring a build-in 1D/2D barcode reader with physical trigger buttons.
Gladius GT-500 smartphone specifications:
- SoC – Mediatek MT6735 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.3 GHz with ARM Mali-T720 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR2
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + 1x micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Display – 5″ TFTP LCD; 1280×720 resolution; 5-point glove-friendly projector capacitive touch screen; 400 cd/m2 brightness
- Cellular Connectivity
- 2G GSM/GPRS/EDGE (Band 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900)
- 3G WCDMA (Band 1,2,5,8)
- 3G CDMA2000 (BC0/BC1)
- 4G FDD+TDD (Band 1,3,5,7,8,20,38,39,40,41)
- 4G DRX (Band 1,3,5,7,8,20,38,39,40,41)
- SIM Sockets – 1 x micro-SIM (3FF) socket supporting 2G/3G/LTE; 1 x micro-SIM (3FF) socket supporting 2G only
- Other Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 (BLE, HS compliant), NFC, and GPS/GNSS/Beidou
- Camera – 13MP rear camera with auto-focus & flashlight, 2.0MP front-facing camera
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack, microphone and speaker, FM radio
- USB – 1x micro USB 2.0 OTG port
- Sensors – Gyroscope, barometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, magnetometer (M-Sensor/E-Compass), accelerometer (G-sensor)
- Misc – Optional 1D/2D barcode reader with physical trigger buttons
- Battery – 4,800 mAh Lithium-ion rechargeable and customer replaceable battery
- Dimensions – 85 x 165.8 x 23.1 mm
- Weight – < 385 grams with battery
- IP Rating – IP67, up to 1.5m drop resistance
- Temperature Range – Operating: -10°C ~ 50°C; Storage: -20°C ~ 60°C
- Relative Humidity – 5~95%
It ships with a micro USB port, a pre-installed battery, and a user’s manual by default, and a universal 5Vpower adapter, a hand strap, a 4-in-1 battery charger, and a desktop cradle are available as options. Two models are available: Gladius GT-500 without barcode reader, and GT-500-2D with the barcode scanner. The handheld device targets “mission-critical” applications in logistics, retail and public safety sectors.
ARBOR Gladius GT-500 appears to be available now at an undisclosed price. Check out the product page for a few more details.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|