I’ve been amazed how the price of technology has come down recently, with decent TV boxes selling for $30 to $50, and I’ve now been informed about Doogee X5 Pro, a quad core smartphone running Android 5.1, supporting LTE networks, and featuring with 2GB RAM, 16GB flash, and a 5″ HD screen selling for $80 shipped.
- SoC – Mediatek MT6735 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.0 / 1.3 GHz with Mali-720 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 16GB flash (12GB available to user) + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Display – 5.0″ IPS HD Screen (1280×720)
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/AGPS
- Cellular Connectivity
- 2x Micro SIM slots; Dual SIM dual standby
- 2G – GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G – WCDMA 900/2100MHz
- 4G – FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz
- Camera – 5.0MP rear camera (up to 8.0MP by interpolation); 2.0MP font-facing camera (up to 5.0MP by interpolation)
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack, microphone, speaker
- USB – micro USB OTG port
- Battery – 2400mAh Lithium battery good for 680 minutes talk, 72 hours standby.
- Dimensions – 143 x 72.2 x 8.8mm
- Weight – 130 grams
The phone runs Android 5.1 with allegedly OTA firmware update support. It ships with a battery, a USB cable, a power supply, and a power adapter. The processor is not the fastest with an Antutu score of 15,660 points (Note that a reviewer got 30,000+ points instead), but considering the price, this smartphone appears to be good value, and Doogee is a fairly well known brand among Chinese smartphone manufacturers.
Doogee X5 Pro sells for as low as $79.99 on GearBest, but it can also be purchased on GeekBuying, Buyincoins, eBay and others.The phone is realtively recent, so there are few user’s feedback, but the ones who bought it appears to be satisfied. X5 Pro is not to be confused with X5 model powered by Mediatek MT6580 quad core Cortex A7 processor with 1GB RAM, 8GB flash, and 3G connectivity that sells for about $60.
Thank you Onebir!
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|