While there are way too many Amlogic S905 TV boxes to keep up, the number of TV sticks based on the processor is fairly low, and until today I had only heard about Guleek A8 a few months ago, but I can’t even see it for sale anywhere.Potential reason include people have released TV stick are not that convenient, or electronic design houses had issues to cool the thing down, as we’ve seen even some full-size TV boxes have issues with cooling. Nevertheless, Geniatech has designed their own Amlogic S905 TV stick called ATV195e with 1GB RAM, 8GB flash, and 802.11ac WiFi.
Geniatech ATV195e preliminary specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta core Mali-450MP GPU up to 750MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (2 to 32GB on-request)
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60Hz with HDCP 2.2 support
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac with external antenna
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x micro USB port
- Misc – IR extender port
- Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 80mm x 36mm x 13mm (metallic enclosure)
The stick runs Android 5.1, and ships with a USB Cable, a user’s manual, an IR extension cable, a remote control, and a power supply.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.