Rockchip RK3229 is a low cost 4K SoC that supports 10-bit H.265 up to 4K @ 60 fps and 10-bit H.264 and VP9 up to 4K @ 30 fps, and found in inexpensive TV boxes such as MXQ 4K. Zidoo has decided to design a new product based on the processor, with the same enclosure as Allwinner H3 based Zidoo X1 TV box, and aptly called Zidoo X1 II.
Zidoo X1 II specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz with ARM Mali-400MP2
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60 fps, and 3.5mm AV output (composite)
- Connectivity – 100Mbps Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 12.6 x 11.8 x 3.6 cm
The device runs Android 4.4 with the usual Zidoo UI as found on all recent Zidoo devices such as Zidoo X6 Pro. It ships with a remote control, an HDMI cable, a power adapter for EU, UK, US or AU, and user’s manual. Beside video codecs capabilities, the strength of RK3229 is that it can handle video with high bitrates (200 Mbps+).
Zidoo X1 II should be available in a few weeks for $59 (SRP) [Update: Geekbuying is pre-selling the device for $49 including shipping]. Visit Zidoo X1 II page for more info. The company is also organizing a giveaway on Facebook where the 10 people who get the most referrals with their “lucky” link will win a Zidoo X1 II.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.