MK808 family of Android TV sticks has been relatively popular starting with MK808 & MK808B based on Rockchip RK3066 dual core processor, followed by MK808B Plus with Amlogic S805 quad core processor, and now MK808B PRO has been launched with the same form factor but featuring an Amlogic S905 64-bit processor combined with 1GB RAM and 8GB storage.
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with quad core Mali-450MP GPU up to 750MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND + micro SD card slot up to 32 GB
- Video & Audio Output – mini HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60Hz
- Video Codecs – 4K H.265 @ 60 fps, H..264 @ 30 fps
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 2x mini USB port (one OTG, one for power only)
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via mini USB port
- Dimensions – 88 x 32 x 16 mm
- Weight – 30 grams
The device runs Android 5.1 and comes pre-loaded with the same launcher as on MINI MX, as well as Kodi with some pre-installed add-ons. If you don’t like the launcher, you can always use the instructions provided in EM95 review for a more classic launcher, and you could also re-install a clean version of Kodi 16.0. MK808B PRO ships with an OTG cable, a short mini HDMI to HDMI cable, a mini USB to USB cable, a power adapter, and a user’s manual.
GeekBuying informed me about this new product which they sell for $34.99 shipped, but it should also soon be listed on other resellers.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.