Rockchip RK3288 is back in the news this month, and after the announced of MiQi low cost board a few days ago, an high-end Rockchip RK3288 SBC has come to market with Boardcon EM3288 comprise of MINI3288 CPU module, and a features-packed baseboard with multiple ports and connectivity options, including SATA and a 3G modem.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3288 quad core ARM Cortex A17 processor up to 1.8 GHz with Mali-T764 GPU
- System Memory – 2G DDR3
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash, SATA, and micro SD slot
- Video I/O
- HDMI 2.0 up to 3840×2160@60p (provided your TV/monitor support YUV444)
- 1x 26-pin MIPI connector, 1x 40-pin LVDS (multiplexed with VGA), 1x 40-pin TTL LCD connector
- Audio Output / Input – HDMI, Line IN and OUT 3.5mm jacks, and built-in MIC
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Optional 8021.11b/g/n and Bluetooth4.0 via Ampak AP6212 module
- Optional 3G via ZTE MF210 WCDMA Module and SIM card slot
- Optional GPS via SATES (HK) ST-91-U7
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG
- Debugging – Serial console via 3-pin header
- Expansion Headers – 1x 40-pin header for GPIOs, ADC, I2C, etc,,. and a 8-pin “control” header with IR pin, and some GPIOs
- Misc – RTC, power and recovery buttons.
- Power Supply – 5V/2.5A
- Dimensions – 175.3 x 117.5 mm
The company provides both Android 4.4 and 5.1 SDK for the board, and they don’t seem to offer embedded Linux support at all. Both SDKs include Uboot 2014-10 and Linux kernel 3.10, as well as relevant drivers.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.