Mobile and PC convergence is slowly happening both on Ubuntu with devices like BQ Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition tablet, and various Windows 10 Continuum smartphones. The most affordable offering is likely to come from mainland China vendors, such as Moly PcPhone 6″ smartphone based on Qualcomm 617 octa-core Cortex A53 processor with 3GB RAM, and running Windows 10 Continuum.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 Octa core Coretex A53 processor @ 1.5 GHz with Adreno 405 GPU
- System Memory – 3 GB RAM
- Storage – 32 GB flash + micreo SD slot up to 200 GB
- Display – 6″ Full HD (1920×1080) LTPS display; Gorilla Glass 3
- Cellular Connectivity
- Dual SIM Dual Standby, Adaptive SIM Slot
- 2G GSM: Band 2/3/5/8
- 3G WCDMA: Band 1/6/8/9/19
- 4G FDD-LTE: Band 1/2/3/4/7/8/9/19/26/28B
- 4G TDD-LTE: Band 38/40/41
- Wireless Connectivity – Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, and NFC
- Camera – 13MP auto-focus rear camera with flash LED, 5MP front-facing camera
- USB – 1x micro USB 2.0 OTG port
- Sensors – G-sensor, PS sensor, Ambient Light sensor，E-Compass
- Misc – Volume and power keys; FM radio
- Battery – 3,900 mAh (non replaceable) good for 400 hours on standby, 16 hours of 3G talk time
- Dimensions – 160 x 82.3 x 79 mm
- Weight – 176 grams
The phone runs Windows 10 Mobile with Continuum, Office apps, Outlook, Skype, Adobe Reader, OneDrive, OneNote, and Microsoft Edge. The phone does not features a USB type C port, nor MHL support, so that means the only way to use it as a computer is to get a WiDi dongle such as ScreenBeam mini 2 to connect the smartphone to your TV or monitor over WiFi. Charbax filmed a demo of the system connected over a WiDi dongle, and everything worked pretty well, except possibly the PowerPoint presentation animations were not especially smooth.
The goods news is that Moly PcPhone should cost less than $400 retail, adding a $60 WiDi will bring the total to $450 to have a device acting as both your phone and computer. More details cmay be available on Moly PcPhone website.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|