OpenRISC project‘s goal is to create a free and open processor for embedded system that include RISC instruction set architecture with DSP features, an open source implementations of the architecture, open source development tools and software, and simulators. You normally need FPGA board to emulate the processor before silicon is made available, so LinkSprite designed the O-board powered by Altera Cyclone IV FPGA to help with OpenRISC development and evaluation.
- FPGA – Altera Cyclone IV E with 22K LUT (P/N: EP4CE22F17C8N)
- System Memory – 32MB SDRAM
- Storage – 1MB SPI FLASH, micro SD slot
- Connectivity – 1x Fast Ethernet (RJ45)
- USB – 1x micro USB for OTG HOST/SLAVE, 1 x micro USB for power supply, configuration, 2x UARTs, 2x JTAG…
- Expansion connectors – 2x 70-pin headers
- Power Supply – 5V via miro USB
- Dimensions – 96 x 40 mm
The Wiki for the board explained how to get started with development with a Ubuntu image for VirtualBox pre-loaded with all necessary tools and files to program the FPGA and then boot Linux on OpenRISC processor emulated on the FPGA.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|