There are a few Rockchip RK3229 based Android TV boxes selling for around $30, which are mostly interesting to play high bitrate 4K 10-bit H.265 or 10-bit H.264 videos, and there’s currently a promotion that shaves about $5 off the normal price of MX4 TV Box, bringing the price down to $24.99 shipped.
MX4 TV box specifications are basically the same as MQX-4K, even up to the location of connectors, but with a different wireless module:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz with ARM Mali-400MP2
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash + SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60 fps, and 3.5mm AV output (composite)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and coaxial S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100Mbps Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi + Bluetooth 2.1 (Realtek RTL8703)
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 11.7 x 11.7 x 2.7 cm
The device runs Android 4.4 like most RK3229 TV boxes so far, but it might eventually be possible to upgrade it to Android 5.1, just like R-Box that is already sold with Android 5.1. Accessories in the package include a power adapter, an HDMI Cable, an IR Remote Control, and a manual in English.
Thanks to theguyuk for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|