This morning I wrote about Sunchip CX-R9 TV box based on Rorkchip RK3229 that is said to be selling for $32, as long as you buy 1,000 pieces, but the new Rockchip SoC might truly disrupt the low-end market, as MXQ 4K RK3299 TV box has just launched on GeekBuying where it is sold for only $29.99 shipped.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz with ARM Mali-400MP2
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash + SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60 fps, and 3.5mm AV output (composite)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and coaxial S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 100Mbps Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – N/A
With a quad core Cortex A7 processor the device won’t be a top of the benchmark charts, and GeekBuying reports 21,134 points in Antutu 6.0, but if you just want to play 4K videos at 60 fps, or even just 10-bit H.264 (Hi10p) videos, you can certainly not beat the price. I hope to get a sample soon to check it’s actual video playback abilities.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.