There are several solutions to mount a mini computer or TV box behind a display, and while VESA mount is one of them, your TV may not support it, so Shenzhen Tomato has come up with “magic tape” combined with an IR extension cable to help you hook their latest X96 TV box behind your TV.
Let’s go through the main specifications first:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5GHz/2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 (option: 2GB)
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (option: 16GB) + micro SD card slot up to 64GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz, and AV port (composite video)
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, AV port (stereo audio)
- Video Codecs – 4K VP9 @ 60 fps, 4K 10-bit H.265 @ 60 fps, 4K H.264 up to 30 fps
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, and 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi. No Bluetooth
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – Power button and LED, IR receiver, IR port for extension cable
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
The device runs Android 6.0.
The picture above shows the various mounting options including wall-mounting, and what the company calls “magic tape” but just looks like Velcro. If you want to use the provided remote control, you’ll also have to connect the IR extension cable and place it somewhere to allow for line of sight operation.
Shenzhen Tomato is now taking orders for their device, and if you are interested in purchasing one or more samples, you can do so for $23 to $25 + shipping, by contacting them through their website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.