The tape measure is a pretty simple tool allowing you to measure length, and I assume most people will write results on a piece of paper. Battery powered Bagel tape measure changes that as it allows measurements with a string, through a wheel, or an ultrasonic sensors, store the data in its internal memory with voice to text memo, and also sends back data over Bluetooth to your smartphone.
Bagel Labs tape measure specifications:
- Three measure modes – string (up to 3 meters), wheel (up to 10 meters), or ultrasonic sensor (0.3 to 5 meters)
- Storage – 32 MB flash for up to 100 measurements and voice memo (Both metric and imperial units supported)
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Audio – Microphone for voice to text recording
- Display – 0.96″ OLED display; 128×96 resolution
- USB – 1x micro USB port for charging
- Misc – laser pointer for ultrasonic measurement; save record, mode, reset, and power buttons; status LED
- Battery – 500 mAh LiPo battery that lasts up to 24 hours and averages 8 hours with constant use
- Dimensions – 80 x 80 x 30 mm
- Weight – 118 grams
You can take measurement in four steps: 1. measurement from one of the three method, 2. record voice memo (e.g. length of bed), 3. synchronize with your phone, 4. organize data on soon-to-be-released free Android or iOS app. The app will allow you to export data as CSV to use on your computer.
Bagel tape measure has so far been very popular on Kickstarter, as the project has raised over 1 millions dollars from close to 9,000 backers with 8 days to go. The “early bird” pledge is still available for $69 for the device with a micro USB port. Shipping adds $14 to the US, and $29 to the rest of the world, while delivery is scheduled for November 2016.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|