There are plenty of Amlogic S905 TV boxes on the market, but Hacker H3 has some notable features such as an internal 2.5″ SATA bay, as well as MediaTek MT7628AN WiSoC and MT7612E 802.11ac 867Mbps chip to provide router functionality via one WAN port, two LAN ports, and WLAN.
Hacker H3 media gateway specifications:
- Media SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz
- Storage – 16 or 64GB eMMC flash + 1x SATA bay up to 6TB
- Network SoCs – Mediatek MT7628AN MIPS 24KEc CPU @ 580MHz + Mediatek MT7612E 867Mbps 802.11ac chipset
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 port up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Audio Output – HDMI + 3.5mm audio jack
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n up to 300 Mbps, 802.11ac up to 866 Mbps (AC1200 router) with two built-in antennas
- 2x 10/100M Ethernet LAN ports, 1x 10/100M Ethernet WAN port
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – Power button, reset pinhole
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Certifications – FCC, CE, CCC
Hacker H3 runs Android 5.1 on Amlogic S905, and some other firmware on the Mediatek processor, maybe OpenWrt. The company claims the box can be used as a smart home automation hub, as a cloud storage server using the internal hard drive, a smart wireless router, an “Entertainment box”, for smartphone screen mirroring, and so on. Details on how this is all supposed to work are unfortunately missing.
I actually found about the device on ARMdevices.net back in January, but since the specifications were not complete at the time, I contacted the company, but after one email reply, they did not seem interested in talking to me… But today being a slow news day, I decided to check it out again, and found JCG had setup a page with some specs and pictures for their Hacker H3 thing.
Hacker H3 will be sold in China on JD and Tmall for 699 RMB ($105) for the 16GB version,while the 64GB version will go for 899 RMB ($135).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|