LG V20 was mentioned during Android 7.0 release, as the first smartphone to ship with Android Nougat, but at the time, few details were provided. The Korean company has now released the full specifications, and the phone will come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, features a secondary display overlaying the main display to display notifications, a dual rear camera, and a replaceable battery.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad core Kryo processor up 2.2 GHz with Adreno 530 GPU
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 64GB UFS flash, and micro SD slot up to 2TB
- Display – 5.7″ touchscreen IPS Quantum display with 2560×1440 resolution; Secondary IPS Quantum Display with 160 x 1040 resolution
- Camera – 2x Rear cameras: 16MP with F1.8 Aperture OIS (standard angle) and 8MP with F2.4 Aperture (wide angle); 5MP front-facing camera; Steady Record 2.0 electronic image stabilization (EIS)
- Audio – 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC (ESS SABRE ES9218), HD audio recorder, 24-bit / 48 kHz LPCM recording, high AOP (acoustic overload point) microphone
- Cellular Connectivity – LTE-A 3 Band CA; X12 LTE up to 600 Mbps LTE Category 12 with 3x Carrier Aggregation; single SIM slot
- Wireless Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS
- USB – 1x USB type C port
- Misc – Fingerprint scanner
- Battery – 3,200 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Dimensions – 159.7 x 78.1 x 7.6mm (lightweight aluminum + AL6013 metal case)
- Certifications – MIL-STD 810G military grade transit drop test
The phone runs Android 7.0 with LG UX 5.0+ mobile user interface, and support for multi-window.
The LG V20 will be available in Korea starting this month, with introduction in other markets planned for the coming weeks. Price has not been disclosed, but considering it is a premium phone, it should probably sell for $600 to $800.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|