Micromax is one of the leading smartphone companies in India, battling with Samsung for the top spot, and they’ve recently announced Yureka, a 64-bit smartphone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, and Cyanogen OS 11 selling for just 8,999 Rupees (~$142 US) in India.
Yureka smartphone specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) octa core Cortex A53 processor with Adreno 405 GPU, and Hexagon V50 DSP
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB internal storage + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Display – 5.5″ IPS display with Corning Glass 3, 1280×720 resolution
- Cellular Connectivity
- LTE TDD B40 2300 MHz / B3 1800 MHz (150 Mbps DL / 50 Mbps UL)
- WCDMA 900/2100 MHz (42 Mbps DL/ 11 Mbps UL)
- GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz
- Dual SIM (micro)
- Wireless Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, FM radio
- Camera – 13MP rear camera with autofocus and flash, 5MP front-facing camera
- USB – micro USB OTG port
- Audio – 3.5 mm headphone jack, mono speaker. 24-bit audio.
- Sensors – G-sensor, proximity, light sensor, and gyroscope.
- Battery – 2,500 mAh. 210 hours standby, 8 hours talk time, 7 hours web browsing.
- Dimensions – 8.5 mm thick
The phone runs Cynogen OS 11 based on Android 4.4.
Yureka smartphone will be sold for 8,999 Rupees on Amazon India, where you can currently subscribe to register for the actual sale on January 13, 2015. Even though it’s not available to the rest of the world for now, it shows how cost effective 64-bit ARM Android smartphones can be. More details can be found on YuPlayGod website…
[Update: 20 minutes video review below
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|