The first thing you notice with Tbee TV box is the beehives inspired hexagonal enclosure, as we’ve already seen with T95Z Plus TV box, but the features that really stand out are voice command, and especially gesture control thanks to the built-in microphone and camera.
- SoC – Amlogic S812 quad core Cortex A9r4 processor @ up to 1.99 GHz with octa-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2GB
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + SD card slot
- Video & Audio I/O – HDMI input, HDMI output
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz) and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver, built-in HD ready camera and IR receiver
- Dimensions – 28.5 x 8.5 cm (full package)
- Weight – 860 grams (full package)
The box ships with an air mouse with QWERTY keyboard and its RF dongle, a HDMI cable, a power adapter, a micro USB cable, a stand, and a quick start guide. The box runs Android 4.4 with a launcher inspired from beehives. There’s no mention of what the HDMI input does, and it could just be a pass-through input to connect a set-top box.
The demo video shows the user interface, apps support, voice command, and gesture control capabilities.
The device is intriguing enough to make you want to purchase the box on Tbee website, until of course, you click on the buy button and discover the “promotional price” of 199 Euros inc. VAT with free shipping to Portugal, and 20 Euros shipping to Europe.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|