Earlier this week, Nintendo unveiled their innovative switch game console that can be used in various configuration such as a portable game console, and a TV connected game console by inserting the portable game console into its dock, and detaching the game controllers on each side of the display. There are many ways to play with the console in single or multiplayer mode, and the best way to understand what’s possible is to check out the video on Nintendo Switch product page. Few other details were provided but we do know it’s based on a custom Nvidia Tegra processor, and it should be available in March 2017. It turns out Aikun is already selling a similar concept with their Morphus X300 game console, available on Amazon.co.uk for 299 GBP, and slated to ship next month.
Gaming performance should be much lower than Nintendo Switch but still enough for many Android games, and it incldues a glasses-free 3D display too. Morphus X300 specifications:
- SoC – Unamed Octa Core ARM Cortex-A7 processor @ up to 1.7GHz / 2.0 GHz with an octa Core Power VR SGX544 MP2 GPU @ 700 MHz (It might be some Mediatek processor based on the advertised CPU frequencies, but I could not pinpoint the exact part number)
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash (64GB optional) + micro SD card slot up to 64 or 128 GB
- Display – 8″ capacitive touch and glasses-free 3D active SBS IPS display with 1280×800 resolution.
- Video Output – micro HDMI port
- Camera – 8.0MP rotatable camera with auto focus
- Connectivity – Dual Band WiFi 802.11b/g/n/a, and Bluetooth 4.0
- Controllers – Two X300 Elite sliding controllers with range up to 10 meters (2.4GHz RF), 1,600 mAh battery
- Battery – 5200mAh Li-ion battery
- Dimensions – tablet: 218.5 x 131.5 x 11.3mm; controller: 111 x 60 x 38.5 mm
- Weight – 480 grams without controller, 650 grams with controllers
The game console runs Android 5.1.1, and ships with the two controllers, a travel adapter, a micro USB cable, and a Quick Start Guide.
Charbax interviewed the company a few days ago, where you’ll find a demo of the system in the video below.
Aikun Morphus X300 will also soon be available on Amazon US for $249, Amazon Europe websites for 249 Euros, and Amazon Japan for 28,999 JPY. More details can be found the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|