Following up on Pine A64 board powered by Allwinner A64 quad core Cortex A53 processor, Pine64 has decided to work on a software compatible laptop based on the processor. PINEBOOK comes with 2GB RAM, 16 GB flash storage, a 11.6″ or 14″ display, and the usual ports you’d expect on such device.
- SoC – Allwinner A64 quad core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ 1.2 GHz with Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3L
- Storage – 16GB eMMC 5.0 flash and micro SD slot up to 256 GB
- Display – 11.6″ or 14″ IPS LCD display with 1280 x 720 resolution (no touchscreen)
- Video Output – mini HDMI port for external display
- Audio – HDMI, 3.5 mm headphone jack, built-in microphone and stereo speakers
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Camera – 1.2 MP camera
- User Input Devices – Full size QWERTY keyboard, 5″ touchpad
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Battery – 10,000 mAh LiPo battery
- Dimensions – 352 x 233 x 18 mm
- Weight – 1.2 kg
The laptop is not based on Pine A64+ board, nor the upcoming SOPINE A64 module, and instead they had to design a custom board to meet the thickness requirements.
The laptop is not available for sale right now, but we know the 11.6″ version will cost $89, the 14″ version $99, and you can register to get notified of the launch. You may also find a few more details on PINEBOOK product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.