Google may just have released Android Things operating systems for IoT applications, but its big brother – Android – has already gotten into some other IoT systems such as Quectel SC20 module powered by a Qualcomm processor and supporting LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth LE, and GNSS functions.
- SoC – Unnamed Qualcomm processor
- System Memory – TBD
- Storage – 8GB flash
- Cellular Connectivity – FDD LTE, TDD LTE, TD-SCDMA, EVDO/DCMA, WCDMA, and GSM; antenna: MIMO 2×2, supports Rx-diversity
- Other Wireless Connectivity
- WiFi – 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n (SC20-CE/-W); Dual band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (SC20-E/-A/-AU/-J)
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR/3.0/4.1 LE
- GNSS – GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou
- LCD – 4x lanes MIPI-DSI, 1.5Gbps each, HD (720p) @ 60fps
- Camera – MIPI-CSI, up to 1.5Gbps per lane, supports two cameras
- 2-lane MIPI_CSI for rear camera, up to 8MP
- 1-lane MIPI_CSI for front camera, up to 2MP
- Touch Panel Capacitive-screen
- USB 2.0 Device High Speed, 480Mbps
- 2x USIM 1.8V/3V
- 25x GPIO, 3x I2C, 2x high-speed UARTs
- SDIO – 1x SDIO 3.0, 4bit SDIO
- 4 pads for antennas: main, diversity, GNSS, Wi-Fi/BT
- 3x ADC (BAT_SNS, BAT_THERM, ADC)
- Audio – MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC, AMR-NB, – WB, G.711, WMA 9/10 Pro
- Encode – 30fps 720p (H.264), 30fps WVGA (MPEG-4/VP8)
- Decode – 30fps 720p (H.264/MPEG-4/VP8/H.265 DivX4/5/6), 30fps WVGA (H.263)
- Dimensions – 40.5 x 40.5 x 2.8mm
- Weight – ~9.6 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: -40°C ~ +85°C
- Compliance – CCC/CE/FCC/GCF/PTCRB/AT&T/ACMA RCM/Verizon (Many still work-in-progress)
I first found about the module, as SinoVoip showcased some pictures of their next BPI-SC20 board using Quectel SC20-CE, but they did not provide other details.
The company is also said to have an evaluation board with a display and two cameras, with the processor used part of – or similar to – Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 series.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.