Kunbus, a German company specialized in industrial network solution, has decided to design an industrial system based on Raspberry Pi Computer module supporting variable power supply, a wide temperature range, DIN rail mounting, etc, as well as corresponding digital I/O modules and fieldbus gateways.
- SoC – Broadcom BCM2835 ARM11 processor @ 700 MHz
- System Memory – 512 MB
- Storage – 4GB flash
- Video Output – Micro HDMI port
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet port
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB port
- Misc – RTC, 3x status LEDs (2 programmable)
- Power Supply – 10.7 V to 28.8 V; polarity protection; 4 kV / 8 kV ESD protection & EMI passed (according to EN61131-2 and IEC 61000-6-2), surge and burst tests passed
- Power Consumption – Max: 10 Watts including 2 x 450 mA USB load; typ.: 4 watts.
- Dimensions – 96 x 22.5 x 110.5 mm (Polycarbonate case)
- Housing type – DIN rail housing for DIN rail version EN 50022
- Weight – 108 g
- Protection class – IP20
- Temperature Range – Operating: -40 °C to +55 °C (exceeds EN61131-2 requirements); storage: -40 °C to +85 °C (exceeds EN61131-2 requirements); N/B.: No guarantee that the system can start at less than 30 °C with a 24V power supply.
- Humidity – up to 93% (non-condensing) @ 40°C
The system runs Raspian Wheezy with RT-patch for Linux kernel 4.1.13.
Beside RevPi Core described above, the company also offers three different galvanically isolated “RevPi DIO” digital IO modules with a 28-pin I/O connector as shown in the first picture, as well as RevPi Gates gateways supporting industrial communication standards including Profinet, Profibus, EtherCat, Modbus, Sercos, CANopen, and more. RevPi DIO and Gates are connected to RevPi core through a overhead Pi Bridge connector allowing two expansions per RevPi Core.
Thanks to Sander for the tip.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|