ASUS Zenfore AR is an interesting beast, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, it’s the first processor I’ve heard to come with 8GB RAM, and also the first to support both Google DayDream virtual reality, and Google Tango 3D depth sensing camera. On top of that, it’s allegedly cooled by an “advanced vapor cooling system”.
Zenfone AR (ZS571KL) specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 quad core processor up to 2.35 GHz with Adreno 530 GPU
- System Memory – 6 to 8 GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – 32, 64, 128 or 256GB UFS 2.0 flash, micro SD/SDCX card slot up to 2TB, 5GB ASUS WebStorage for file, 100GB Google drive for 2 years
- Display – 5.7″ WQHD (2560×1440) AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 4, 10-finger capacitive touch
- Tricam system with 23MP autofocus, motion tracking, and depth sensing cameras (Tango)
- 8MP front-facing camera with autofocus dual LED flash
- Video – 4K video recording
- Audio – Built-in mono speaker, 3.5mm audio jack
- Cellular Connectivity – Dual SIM card for 2G, 3G, and 4G networks; up to 600Mbps download speed (LTE cat12); up to 75 upload speed (LTE cat13)
- Connectivity – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2 + A2DP + EDR, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/BDS, NFC
- USB – 1x USB type C port
- Sensors – Accelerator/E-Compass/Gyroscope/Proximity sensor/Hall sensor/Ambient light sensor/RGB sensor/IR sensor (Laser Focus)/Fingerprint/Barometer
- Battery – 3,300 mAh (non-removable) with fast charging through PowerDelivery 2.0 and Quick Charge 3.0
- Power Supply – 9V/2A (18W) power adapter
- Dimensions – 158.67 x 77.7 x 4.6 to 8.95 mm
- Weight – 170 grams
The smartphone will run Android 7.0 Nougat with ZenUI 3.0, and ships with a headset and the power adapter.
Zefone AR is expected to be released in Q2 2017, with pricing yet to be announced. You’ll find more details and photos on ZenFone AR product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
One Reply to “Vapor Cooled ASUS Zenfone AR Smartphone Comes with 8GB RAM, Supports Google DayDream and Tango”
Google list of Daydream capable smartphones: https://blog.google/products/google-vr/welcoming-more-devices-daydream-ready-family/