We already have a good choice of ESP32 development boards, but none of the ones I’ve seen make use of the Ethernet MAC interface found in Espressif ESP32 SoC. Olimex has changed that with their ESP32-EVB featuring ESP32-WROOM32 module as well as one Fast Ethernet port and two relays.
- Wireless Module – ESP32-WROOM32 module with 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth LE
- Wired Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet RJ45 port
- External Storage – micro SD slot
- Relays – 2x 10A/250VAC relays
- 40-pin GPIO female header (2.54mm pitch)
- UEXT connector for sensors and modules
- Misc – 2x user buttons
- Power Supply
- 5V power jack
- LiPo charger and step up converter allowing ESP32-EVB to run from LiPo battery
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
3 Replies to “22€ Olimex ESP32-EVB ESP32 Development Board Features an Ethernet Port and Relays”
Do they have Arduino IDE support?
They’ve created a github repo for ESP32-EVB board @ https://github.com/OLIMEX/ESP32-EVB
Nothing about software yet, but Kicad schematics & PCB layout, and the BOM have been released.
The github from Espressif should already be compatible, since it is using a ESP-WROOM-32.