Many Apollo Lake mini PCs have come to market, but it’s still pretty hard to find a fanless consumer mini PC based on Intel Apollo Lake processor, and even harder if you also want HDMI 2.0 output for 4K @ 60 Hz support. MeLE has been working on an upgrade of their PCG03 mini PC that brings all those features. PCG03 Apo fanless mini PC is powered by an Intel Celeron N3350 dual core processor with 4GB RAM, 32GB storage, and features HDMI 2.0 and VGA ports.
MeLE PCG03 Apo mini PC specifications:
- SoC – Intel Celeron N3450 quad core “Apollo Lake” processor @ 1.10 / 2.20 GHz with 12 EU Intel HD Graphics 500 (6W TDP)
- System Memory – 4GB DDRL3L (soldered)
- Storage – 32GB eMMC 5.0 flash (soldered), 1x M.2 SSD slot, 1x SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz, and VGA
- Audio – Via HDMI, 3.5mm audio combo jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 ac WiFi & Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB3.0 Type-C port
- Misc – Power button, Kensington Lock, 75x75mm VESA mount support, BIOS features: PXE boot, Wake-on-LAN, BIOS reset button, auto power-on after power loss
- Power Supply – Input: AC 100-240V, Output: DC 12V / 2A with UL, UK, GS, and SAA plugs
- Dimensions – 150 x 103 x 37 mm
- Weight – 500 grams
The mini PC will run Windows 10 Home (64-bit) with English, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, German, Polish, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Russian and Arabic languages pre-installed. Linux support is not a given on Apollo Lake mini PCs, as I’ve recently found out with Beelink AP42 whose BIOS does not support Linux, despite being advertised with Linux support. Maybe there’s a better chance of Linux support with MeLE, since they’ve sold Ubuntu mini PCs in the past.
MeLE PCG03 Apo is now listed for $199 on Aliexpress, but I’ve been told it will be on sale for $159 with free shipping by DHL to the US, Canada, Spain, France, Germany and the Netherlands.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|