Beelink has launched an update to their Beelink BT7 Cherry Trail mini PC with Beelink AP42 using a similar mechanical design, but upgrading the processor to an Intel Pentium N4200 coupled with 4GB DDR3 memory, and a 64GB eMMC flash. Like the previous model it can be mounted behind a VESA compatible monitor or TV, and can also be upgraded with your own M.2 SSD.
Beelink AP42 specifications:
- SoC – Intel Pentium N4200 quad core Apollo Lake processor @ 1.10 GHz (baseline) / 2.50 GHz (burst) with Intel Gen9 HD graphics @ 200/750 MHz with 18EU (6W TDP)
- System Memory – 4 GB DDR3
- Storage – 64 GB eMMC storage, SD card slot, M.2 SSD slot up to 320 GB
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 up to 4K @ 30 Hz
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack and HDMI
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB 3.0 host ports
- Misc – Power button and LED, reset pinhole
- Power Supply – 12V/2A (TBC)
- Dimensions – 11.90 x 11.90 x 2.00 cm
- Weight – 337 grams
The current product page mentions that both Windows 10 and
Linux are supported [Update: Linux is not supported, see comments section] . The mini PC will ship with a power adapter, and an user manual in English. Based on the pictures on GearBest, the VESA mount and fixtures should also be included, and looks to be the same as the one coming with Beelink BT7.
I’ve reviewed Beelink BT7 mini PC last year, and found that it would throttle from time to time, and while I found the fan to be quiet, some people commented that it was noisy. Beelink AP42 should also have a fan, but hopefully the company has done some work to improve thermal design, and fan noise.
Beelink AP42 is sold on GearBest for $210.47 including shipping with EU, UK, or US plug, and pre-loaded with Windows 10 [Update: GBAP42 coupon brings the price down to $179.99]. Delivery is scheduled for March 7 to 15, so you’d have to wait a few days to get it shipped. I could not find a Linux version, and maybe there’s none, you may just have to install your preferred distributions yourself.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|