We’ve already seen one of the first Rockchip RK3328 4K UHD TV boxes with A5X Plus Mini model now selling for $34.60, but with only 1GB RAM. There’s now another model called T98 with 2GB RAM, and mostly the same other specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3328 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.5 GHz with Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash + micro SD card up to 32 GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR10 and HLG support, 3.5mm AV port (composite video + stereo audio)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- Video Codec – 4K VP9, H.265 and H.264. 1080p VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8
- Connectivity – Fast Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (No Bluetooth)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, power LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions & Weight – 14.7 x 10 x 2 cm; 141 grams
Th device runs Android 7.1, and ships with a HDMI cable, an IR remove control, a power adapter, and a user manual. It’s always frustrating when a USB 3.0 capable device is only equipped with Fast Ethernet
, but in this case, we just don’t know whether Gigabit Ethernet is supported or not, as the company did not mention, and RK3328 supports both 10/100M and 1000M Ethernet, with the latter requiring an extra Gigabit Ethernet transceiver chip. I’ve seen an Alibaba link mentioning Gigabit Ethernet for T98, but I’m not sure it should be trusted because it mixes Amlogic S905 and Rockchip RK3328 specifications…
T98 is sold on Aliexpress for $47.70 including shipping.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.