We’ve been waiting for Rockchip RK3399 TV boxes for a long time since the processor was first unveiled in January of last year, and the good news is that the first RK3399 TV box has now been launched (sort of), as you can pre-order Yundoo Y8 for $110.73 shipped with shipping planed for early March Yundoo Y8 specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399 hexa core processor with 2x ARM Cortex A72 cores @ up to 2.0 GHz, 4x ARM Cortex A53 cores
- System Memory – 2 or 4GB DDR3
- Storage – 16 or 32 GB eMMC flash + SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Video Codecs – 4K H.265 & VP9 decoding
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB type C port with data and video support
- Misc – Power button, recovery port
- Power Supply – 5V
- Dimensions – 11.60 x 11.60 x 2.35 cm
- Weight – 290 grams
The device will run Android 6.0, and ship with a power adapter, an IR remote control, a HDMI cable, and a user’s manual in English.
Note that it’s unlikely you’ll experience better video playback with RK3399 TV box, but if you are using it as a mini PC, you should experience much better performance while browsing the web, playing games, and so on.
Beside the 2GB/16GB version going for $110.73, you can pre-order the 4GB/32GB version for $144.17 on the same link [Update: coupon GBYDY8 brings that down to $129.99]. A few more 3D renderings can be found on Yundoo Y8 product page.
Thanks to Gabe for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|