While many Apollo Lake mini PCs are sold by Chinese manufacturers, few of come with up to 8GB RAM, and include an internal 2.5″ SATA bay. But Beelink S1 mini PC does, and it also include an M.2 SSD slot, so you can have fast storage for the operating system using an SSD, and cheap and larger storage for your data with the SATA bay. If you are a fan of voice commands, a built-in microphone working with Cortana is also included.
- SoC – Intel Celeron N3450 quad core Apollo Lake processor @ 1.10 GHz / 2.20 GHz (Burst frequency) with 12 EU Intel HD graphics 500 @ 200/700 MHz (6W TDP)
- System Memory – 4 or 8 GB DDR3
- Storage – 64 GB eMMC flash, internal SATA bay, M.2 SSD slot up to 512 GB, micro SD card slot up to 128GB
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 up to 4K @ 30 Hz, VGA port
- Audio – HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack, digital microphone
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0 (Intel 3165 WiFI chip)
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 host ports, 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB type C port (not indication of what it is capable of yet again…)
- Misc – Power button, reset pinhole, Kensington lock
- Power Supply – 12V/1.5A
- Dimensions – 16 x 13.45 x 3.20 cm
- Weight – 407 grams
The specifications are quite close to the ones of Beelink AP34 Ultimate, except for 2.5″ SATA drive support, the microphone, and it includes both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, as well as a USB type C port. As usual, the company did not use logo, nor did it find it necessary to explain the capability of the USB type C port. So it’s probably safe to assume video output is not supported for example.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.