VIA Mobile360 ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) System is a road safety-enhancing solution that supports Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Warning, Blind Spot Detection, Pedestrian Detection, Vehicle Detection and Classification for special vehicles, motorcycles, and bicycles, Speed Limit Detection, and Rear-end Collision Avoidance. The system is comprised of “Mobile360 System” rugged computer, 4 to 6 cameras, and an optional 7″ display.
Mobile360 System computer specifications:
- SoC – Unnamed Octa-core big.LITTLE processor with four ARM Cortex-A17 cores @ 1.8GHz, and four Cortex A7 cores @ 1.4GHz (Likely Zhaxin ZX-5880 SoC also including Elite 2000 GPU supporting OpenGL ES 3.1, OpenVG 1.1 and OpenCL EP 1.1)
- System Memory – 2GB Mobile LPDDR3 1600MHz RAM (Package-on-Package with SoC)
- Storage – 1x 512GB Transcend 2.5″ MLC SSD (-40°C-90°C); 16GB eMMC Flash memory; 1x Micro SD card slot; 1x full size SD card slot
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 1x 4G LTE module, 1x Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0 module, 1x GPS receiver; 3x antennas for 4G, GPS and Wi-Fi
- Camera Interfaces – 6x FAKRA connectors
- Video Output – 1x HDMI port
- Audio I/F – Line-out and Mic-in audio jacks
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 ports (1 lockable), 1x Mini USB 2.0 port (for debugging), 1xUSB 3.0 port
- Other I/Os – 1x D-Sub connector for CAN Bus, 2x DIO ports (4 GPI + 4 GPO)
- Power Supply – 9-36V DC-in with ACC/IGN
- Temperature Range – Operating: -20°C ~ 65°C; storage: -20°C ~ 70°C
- Vibration Loading During Operation – With SSD: ISO-16750-3 Mechanical Loads, test VIII equipment mounted on decouple commercial vehicle Cab. Longitudinal (X) : 1.20Grms, Lateral (Y) : 1.34Grms, Vertical (Z) : 2.17Grms , 32hr/axis
- Shock During Operation – With SSD: 50G, ISO-16750-1:2003, Half-sine wave, 6 directions, 6ms, 10 per direction
- Dimensions – 215mm(W) x 48mm(H) x 282mm(D) (Metal chassis housing, aluminum top cover)
- Weight – 3.5 kg
VIA Mobile360 ADAS sample kit also includes four Sharp 1.3M FOV-50 automotive grade cameras with a 10 meter cable each, and a 7″ automotive grade HD resistive touch monitor with VESA mount support. The system runs Android 5.0 with software capable of handling features mentioned in the introduction, as well as VIA Mobile360 E-Track cloud portal that enables fleet owners to collect and organize vehicle and driver data for real-time vehicle tracking, event and data recording, and asset management. The software can also be customized to the requirements of the customer.
VIA Mobile360 ADAS sample kit sells for $4,200 with VIA Mobile360 System ($1,800), four FOV-50 cameras (4x $500), and a 7″ automotive grade display ($400). You can also add up to two more cameras for example for license plate recognition, and/or driver or cargo monitoring. Last year, VIA started to sells a Surround View sample kit based on the same system but with instead four FOV-190 cameras for vehicle surveillance for a total of $3,500. More information is available on VIA Mobile360 Solutions page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
2 Replies to “VIA Mobile360 ADAS System Includes a 4G Connected Rugged Computer, a 7″ Display and 4 to 6 Cameras”
WiFi + bluetooth + 4G + Android + Driver Assistance starts to get kind of scary. The next step will probably be to let this thing park the car / truck. Then anyone 20km away will be able to do it as well with the appropriate rootkit…
This aside, the hardware specs look nice for an embedded device and you can (hopefully) expect a better stability than on the many boards we’re seeing at $25 powered over micro-usb 😉
You forgot the ‘E-Track cloud portal’ — what could probably go wrong? Maybe it needs ‘cloud based’ multi-vehicle accidents accross the globe with a few thousand people killed to stop calling ‘dangerous BS driven by naïve optimism’ innovation.