Earlier this year, Allwinner H6 was introduced as a 4K set-top box SoC with a quad core Cortex A53 processor, a Mali-T720MP GPU, support for “6K” video decoding, and several high speeds interfaces like USB 3.0 and PCIe. Zidoo just unveiled H6 PRO TV box based on the processor.
- SoC – AllWinner H6 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor up to 1.8GHz with Mali-T720MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR4
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash, micro SD card reader up to 32 GB
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60hz with HDR support, AV port (composite)
- Video Playback Support
- H.265/HEVC Main/Main10 profile @ level 5.2 high-tier up to 4K @ 60fps / 6K @ 30 fps
- VP9 Profile 0/2, up to 4K @ 30fps
- H264/AVC BP/MP/HP @ level5.1, MVC, up to 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- MKV, MP4, Blu-ray ISO, 3D MVC…
- SmartColor 3.0 image optimization engine
- Audio I/F – HDMI, AV port (stereo audio), optical S/PDIF; DTS and Dolby supported
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports including on OTG port, 1x USB3.0 port on other side. An external power needed if USB connects to over 1TB mobile HDD.
- Misc – IR receiver, reset/recovery button behind AV port, front panel display (TBC)
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 105.6mm x 105.6 mm x 17.5 mm
The box will run Android 7.0, and ship with a Bluetooth remote control, HDMI cable, a power adapter, and a user manual.
I can’t find any other Allwinner H6 TV boxes on Alibaba, so it’s probably safe to assume Zidoo H6 Pro and other H6 devices are still a few months away. You may find a few more details on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|