Earlier this year, Allwinner H6 was introduced as a 4K set-top box SoC with a quad core Cortex A53 processor, a Mali-T720MP GPU, support for “6K” video decoding, and several high speeds interfaces like USB 3.0 and PCIe. Zidoo just unveiled H6 PRO TV box based on the processor.
Zidoo H6 PRO TV box specifications:
- SoC – AllWinner H6 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor up to 1.8GHz with Mali-T720MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR4
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash, micro SD card reader up to 32 GB
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60hz with HDR support, AV port (composite)
- Video Playback Support
- H.265/HEVC Main/Main10 profile @ level 5.2 high-tier up to 4K @ 60fps / 6K @ 30 fps
- VP9 Profile 0/2, up to 4K @ 30fps
- H264/AVC BP/MP/HP @ level5.1, MVC, up to 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- MKV, MP4, Blu-ray ISO, 3D MVC…
- SmartColor 3.0 image optimization engine
- Audio I/F – HDMI, AV port (stereo audio), optical S/PDIF; DTS and Dolby supported
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports including on OTG port, 1x USB3.0 port on other side. An external power needed if USB connects to over 1TB mobile HDD.
- Misc – IR receiver, reset/recovery button behind AV port, front panel display (TBC)
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 105.6mm x 105.6 mm x 17.5 mm
The box will run Android 7.0, and ship with a Bluetooth remote control, HDMI cable, a power adapter, and a user manual. I hope they will consider upgrading the design to support USB drives without external storage, and beef up the power supply too. This would avoid potential troubles for people who want to use USB drives. Zidoo has also revamped their ZIUI user interface / launcher for this model by making it simpler and more colorful.
I can’t find any other Allwinner H6 TV boxes on Alibaba, so it’s probably safe to assume Zidoo H6 Pro and other H6 devices are still a few months away. You may find a few more details on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.