VIA Mobile360 ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) System is a road safety-enhancing solution that supports Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Warning, Blind Spot Detection, Pedestrian Detection, Vehicle Detection and Classification for special vehicles, motorcycles, and bicycles, Speed Limit Detection, and Rear-end Collision Avoidance. The system is comprised of “Mobile360 System” rugged computer, 4 to 6 cameras, and an optional 7″ display.
Mobile360 System computer specifications:
- SoC – Unnamed Octa-core big.LITTLE processor with four ARM Cortex-A17 cores @ 1.8GHz, and four Cortex A7 cores @ 1.4GHz (Likely Zhaxin ZX-5880 SoC also including Elite 2000 GPU supporting OpenGL ES 3.1, OpenVG 1.1 and OpenCL EP 1.1)
- System Memory – 2GB Mobile LPDDR3 1600MHz RAM (Package-on-Package with SoC)
- Storage – 1x 512GB Transcend 2.5″ MLC SSD (-40°C-90°C); 16GB eMMC Flash memory; 1x Micro SD card slot; 1x full size SD card slot
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 1x 4G LTE module, 1x Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0 module, 1x GPS receiver; 3x antennas for 4G, GPS and Wi-Fi
- Camera Interfaces – 6x FAKRA connectors
- Video Output – 1x HDMI port
- Audio I/F – Line-out and Mic-in audio jacks
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 ports (1 lockable), 1x Mini USB 2.0 port (for debugging), 1xUSB 3.0 port
- Other I/Os – 1x D-Sub connector for CAN Bus, 2x DIO ports (4 GPI + 4 GPO)
- Power Supply – 9-36V DC-in with ACC/IGN
- Temperature Range – Operating: -20°C ~ 65°C; storage: -20°C ~ 70°C
- Vibration Loading During Operation – With SSD: ISO-16750-3 Mechanical Loads, test VIII equipment mounted on decouple commercial vehicle Cab. Longitudinal (X) : 1.20Grms, Lateral (Y) : 1.34Grms, Vertical (Z) : 2.17Grms , 32hr/axis
- Shock During Operation – With SSD: 50G, ISO-16750-1:2003, Half-sine wave, 6 directions, 6ms, 10 per direction
- Dimensions – 215mm(W) x 48mm(H) x 282mm(D) (Metal chassis housing, aluminum top cover)
- Weight – 3.5 kg
VIA Mobile360 ADAS sample kit also includes four Sharp 1.3M FOV-50 automotive grade cameras with a 10 meter cable each, and a 7″ automotive grade HD resistive touch monitor with VESA mount support. The system runs Android 5.0 with software capable of handling features mentioned in the introduction, as well as VIA Mobile360 E-Track cloud portal that enables fleet owners to collect and organize vehicle and driver data for real-time vehicle tracking, event and data recording, and asset management. The software can also be customized to the requirements of the customer.
VIA Mobile360 ADAS sample kit sells for $4,200 with VIA Mobile360 System ($1,800), four FOV-50 cameras (4x $500), and a 7″ automotive grade display ($400). You can also add up to two more cameras for example for license plate recognition, and/or driver or cargo monitoring. Last year, VIA started to sells a Surround View sample kit based on the same system but with instead four FOV-190 cameras for vehicle surveillance for a total of $3,500. More information is available on VIA Mobile360 Solutions page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.