Rockchip RK3328 processor has been getting some attention recently with low cost RK3328 TV boxes, Pine64’s ROCK64 development board, and now Zidoo has announced they are working on their X7 TV box with slightly better specifications and a product that should get better support than the cheaper models.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3328 quad core Cortex A53processor @ 1.5 GHz with Mali-450MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a port up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR support + 3.5mm AV port (composite video)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV (stereo audio), and optical S/PDIF
- Video Codecs – H.264/AVC Base/Main/High/High10 profile @ level 5.1; up to 4Kx2K @ 60fps H.265/HEVE Main/Main10 profile @ level 5.1 High-tier; up to 4Kx2K @60fps VP9, up to 4Kx2K @ 60fps
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 109 x 109 x 20.3 mm (ABS Plastic case)
The TV box will ship with an IR remote control, a HDMI cable, a power adapter and a user manual.
GearBest is already taking pre-orders for $69 with shipping scheduled for “after July 2nd”. However, Zidoo told me that their “technicians are still working on the firmware, and no idea when it is gonna release out”, so while it may indeed ship after July 2nd, this could mean August or later. ZIUI user interface has apparently also gone through a facelift as shown in the rendering below. A few more details may be found in the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.