Rockchip RK3229 quad Cortex A7 processor powers some of the cheapest TV boxes on the market. One of them is A95X R1 with 1GB RAM, 8GB flash, which likeother RK3229 boxes supports both 4K H.265 and H.264, and outputs up to 3840×2160 @ 60 Hz via its HDMI 2.0 interface. GearBest is now selling the device for $19.99 shipped using coupon AA95XR1.
A95X R1 specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz with ARM Mali-400MP2
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB flash + micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 fps, and 3.5mm AV output (composite)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and coaxial S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 100Mbps Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (RTL8189)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power Supply – 5V
- Dimensions – 9.3 x 9.3 x 1.5 cm
- Weight – 120 grams
The box runs Android 6.0, and ships with a power adapter, a user manual, and an IR remote controller. There’s no HDMI cable in the description, but unboxing photo on GearBest clearly show one is included, so you may not have to source your own.
I have not reviewed this particular device, you could get an idea from other reviews of devices based on Rockchip RK3229 such as Zidoo X1 II. You’ll also find various A95X R1 reviews on YouTube.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.